- This blog has been focused on discovery of “Know the Truth and the Truth shall make you free” (John 8:32) or knowing the Truth, which is Christian Science jargon for spiritual healing.
- We settled on to know the Truth is to demonstrate an understanding of God through the seven synonyms that in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures defines God as the “The great I AM” (p. 587), Mind, Spirit, Soul, Principle, Life, Truth, Love (p.465).
- We discussed these truths in their healing efficacy of all sin, sickness and death as taught and practiced by Christ Jesus in admonishing and inspiring us to greater works.
- We used the testament of David and Goliath to frame in consciousness a picture of the full spectrum (seven synonyms for God) and their spiritual meaning within the descriptive power of Truth (David) and their application to the destruction (with a polished stone) of any of life’s challenges (Goliaths).
- We made reference to the seven synonyms as seven polished stones – polished by their continual use in demonstrating the presence of the Christ Spirit – God.
- In final furtherance to our discovery discussion, George Henke, in his recent comment to the blog gives us an excellent “key” to the spiritual significance of “stone,” as a spiritual metaphor for the seven synonyms for God as provided by Mary Baker Eddy in her book Miscellaneous Writings where she says “But, say you, is a stone spiritual? To erring material sense, No! but to unerring spiritual sense, it is a small manifestation of Mind, a type of spiritual substance, ‘the substance of things hoped for.’ Mortals can know a stone as substance, only by first admitting that it is substantial. Take away the mortal sense of substance, and the stone itself would disappear, only to reappear in the spiritual sense thereof” (p. 27: 27-2).
- George further provides another Mary Baker Eddy “key” to the significance of the discovery (educational) process as essential to know (understand) the Truth (God) so as to live in the Christ (idea). “The entire purpose of true education is to make one not only know the truth but live it — to make one enjoy doing right, make one not work in the sunshine and run away in the storm, but work midst clouds of wrong, injustice, envy, hate; and wait on God, the strong deliverer, who will reward righteousness and punish iniquity. ‘As thy days, so shall thy strength be’” (The First Church of Christ, Scientist and Miscellany p. 525: 10-17).
- Finally, in The First Church of Christ, Scientist and Miscellany it states “Goodness never fails to receive its reward, for goodness makes life a blessing. As an active portion of one stupendous whole, goodness identifies man with universal good.” It continues, “Rise above the oft-repeated inquiry, What am I? to the scientific response: I am able to impart truth, health, and happiness, and this is my rock of salvation and my reason for existing” (p. 165: 15-22). “Rock. Spiritual foundation; Truth” (Science and Health p. 593).
Christian Science Health Care – Patient centered, rock solid, polished perfect, “the evidence of things not seen” (1)!
(1) Hebrews 11:1